Linked to Thursday Challenge
Linked to Ruby Tuesday
I have always been fond of mangoes especially the raw ones for its pungent and tangy flavour. This is one of my fav pictures which still makes me drool
Big 3 advantages of Organic Fruits and Vegetables
1. No Chemicals
2. lesser Environmental damage
3. Health benefits and more juicier and natural to taste
Natural benefits of Unripe Mango
Known as the “King of Asiatic Fruits”, mango enjoys a unique status among the fruits. Raw mangoes is extremely popular in almost all of the indian household in some form or the other. Whether used in chutneys or pickles or curries it is known for its curative properties. A few of them are listed below
- Heat Stroke :- The unripe mango protects men from the adverse effects of hot, scorching winds. A drink, prepared from the unripe mango by cooking it in hot ashes and mixing the pith with sugar and water, is an effective remedy for heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Eating raw mango with salt quenches thirst and prevents the excessive loss of sodium chloride and iron during summer due to excessive sweating.
- Gastro-Intestinal Disorders :- Unripe green mangoes are beneficial in the treatment of gastro-intestinal disorders. Eating one or two small tender mangoes in which the seed is not fully formed with salt and honey is found to be very effective medicine for summer diarrhea, dysentery, piles, morning sickness, chronic dyspepsia, indigestion and constipation.
- Bilious Disorders:- Unripe mangoes are an excellent fruit remedy for bilious disorders. The acids contained in the green mango increase the secretion of bile and act as intestinal antiseptic. Therefore, eating green mango daily with honey and pepper cures biliousness, food putrefaction i.e. when proteins are decomposed by bacteria; urticaria and jaundice. It tones up the liver and keeps it healthy.
- Blood Disorders :- The green mango is valuable in blood disorders because of its high vitamin C content. It increases the elasticity of the blood vessels and helps the formation of new blood cells. It aids the absorption of food-iron and prevents bleeding tendencies. It increases body resistance against tuberculosis, anemia, cholera and dysentery.
- Scurvy :- The amchur, a popular article of diet in Indian houses, consists of green mangoes skinned, stoned, cut into pieces and dried in the sun. 15 gm. of it is believed to be equivalent to 30 gm. of good lime on account of its citric content. It is valuable in the treatment of scurvy.
Part of Ruby Tuesday